A Mother's Heart

First (and second) takes on motherhood .::. adoption .::. and family life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dexter, Michigan, United States

Monday, June 26, 2006

WaKe uP!!

Okay, so we're almost out of the hotel and on our way home. In the interest of getting home sooner, we're skipping the networking breakfast and this will put us home after dark. I think the Samsonites under my eyes have their own little bags to carry, though--I'm one whupped puppy. :| And I'm driving the whole 12 hours home. :| :|

But I realized that although I haven't had good coffee in 5 days, I've not been dragging like I normally would. I picked up a little box of "Morning Spark" before I left (on a whim, mostly), which is a caffeinated "stick" of drink mix. It's sugarless and fruit flavoured and I thought, "Eh...can't hurt!"

Boy! It doesn't hurt--it HELPED!! :) I am so impressed with this stuff that I wanted to take an uncharacteristic moment and plug it publically. I LOVE this stuff! I have no idea how much caffeine is in it, but it seems to be equivalent to about 2 cups of coffee, based on my 'alert-factor'. And since conferences run on little sleep and lots of speakers (and warm rooms, which after lunch cause 'jello-neck head-bobbing' to take place), my 'alert-factor' was important. :)

Anyhow, I know Wallyworld sells it for about $2 a box, and you'd better believe I'm going to buy some more, just to keep on hand. :) If you want more info, you can find it here.

Now I'm off to finish packing the suitcase and getting the out of Philly. :) I never thought I'd welcome the site of the PA turnpike, but guess what...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home