A Mother's Heart

First (and second) takes on motherhood .::. adoption .::. and family life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dexter, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Laundry & the 3 Year Old

Today brings a monstrous task to my to-do list....washing the comforter.

So I'm preparing to wash the comforter on our bed and spot-treating it with a pre-treater this morning. Washing our comforter is no small feat--a queen-sized comforter in a washing machine (not a front-loader!) that just barely holds it all. Anyhow, our 3 year-old is watching me spray different spots on the comforter....well heck, here's the transcript:

Me: Now sweetie, don't sit on the comforter, it's wet.
Son: Yeah, Mama...you're spayin' it wif water!
Me: No, "Shout!" sweetheart.
Son: YOU'RE SPAYIN' IT WIF WATER, MAMA!!

At that point, I just dissolved in to gales of laughter and had tears streaming down my face. Instead of explaining what was so funny, I just looked at the bottle of Shout and kept on laughing.

Kids are so much fun!! :) Who knew they could bring laughter to laundering a comforter?? ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home